Sunday, April 18, 2010

The Yellow Brick Road Diaries

What is this Yellow Brick Road and why call it Project 365

Someone did a project 365 where she took a picture a day and posted it in a journal. She used facebook to do this. Oh and you do this for 365 days.

Well I thought this was a cool idea and I wanted to do something like it, but more personalized.

Also the movie Julie and Julia, where she went through the whole recipe book and blogged about it everyday. I loved that idea too.

So finally I'm gonna do something like it. Except, its gonna be really hard. Talk about personal discipline. Not sure I can do this. I will hate to skip any day at all over the next 365 days. But I know there will be some days where I'll have no choice because it would be out of my control. More reason to be on top of my game when I do have control over it.

One definite solution would be to still journal daily, but enter it in the blog later. That would particularly be for days that I don't have internet access due to technical difficulties or vacations.

Any-who. On to what I will do daily and blog about it.

Its nothing trendy or crafty. But its deep and educational. And could very well be what I need.

Took out my Catholic Youth Bible. Found a list of 8 reading plans. Each have different topics and focus. Most of these reading plans can be covered over 14 days. One is 28 days. The first one is 365 days! Every catholic knows that over the course of 3 years the whole bible is read if it is done daily. Now that is a daily project that takes 3 years to complete!

I will not be following the 365 reading plan that takes 3 years to complete. I will be doing the smaller reading plans. I want to focus on specific topics. I will most likely complete the other 7 reading plans listed at the front of my bible. From there I will create my own studies. I'll think about how I'll go about that later.

So that is my 365 project. I am a little nervous. But oh!, what a journey!

I wish I knew a great quote or phrase to wish myself luck on this adventure. I'll stick to the standard though.

Good Luck to me!